The Technology Team is built around the Channels through which they interact with their customers, the Business Domains that manage the experiences of the customers and the Games which their customers play. Each Channel, Business Domain and Game has a technical team who own the architecture, technology, implementation, deployment, operational support and quality. The technical team are all software engineers who work closely with the Marketing, Trading, Finance and Operational teams to establish how the technology supports the customer proposition and to chart a course that delivers value to the customer and company. The technical team also own the legacy software within their area. This role is one of individual contribution.
Specifically, a software engineer:
- Loves a challenge!
- Well organised, can work independently within a team both at home and in the office.
- Is enthusiastic about developing software for real people.
- Delivers top quality code using Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATTD) via Continuous Delivery/Continuous Integration (CICD) pipelines to production along with functional, load, performance, security and other tests.
- Works with their technical team to break down customer outcomes into user stories following BDD practices
- Individually breaks down user stories into technical tasks that can be delivered by themselves or other members of the engineering team.
- Ensures that the architecture and high level designs are adequately documented to support effective reviews
- Supports the code in production ensuring that there is adequate scaling and robustness to meet expected operational loads.
- Work with the 24 hour operations team as necessary to provide acceptable customer experiences
- Supports continuous improvement of coding and other standards
- Engages in self-improvement both technical and soft skills
- Takes parts in hackathons and other team events in order to showcase novel user experiences and games.
Skills that will help you land a job:
- Demonstrable history of working in a team
- Experience of cloud technologies, Azure preferred
- Experience and knowledge of distributed systems development and maintenance
- Azure Functions / FaaS, C#, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Angular, React, React Native, CSS and HTML
- Mobile application development
- RESTful and GraphQL API development including security knowledge
- Unity or other games engines
- Development of APIs for sale to B2B partners
- Git (GitLab) along with integration to workflow automation
- Microsoft .Net Core Web Development
- Ability to design and debug problems using the Microsoft Visual Studio